Dr. VANITHA R MURALIKUMAR
Director, Sri Sairam Ayurveda Medical College and Research Centre
- Former President, Central Council of Indian Medicine, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Assessor-AYUSH Hospitals, NABH, Quality Council of India, New Delhi
- President, All India Postgraduates Association, Tamilnadu.
- President, All India Congress, Chennai
- Former Senate Member & Faculty President, The T.N Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai
- Former Member-Board of Studies, Sri Chandrasekara ViswaMaha Vidyalaya, Kanchipuram.
- Former Member, Board of Studies, Pondichery University.
The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University,
69 Anna SalaiGuindyChennai. 600032
Vice Chancellor: Dr. SudhaSheshayyan, MS
Registrar: Dr. Parameshwari Srijayanth. MBBS, M ScPh D
F. No. R-17011/189/2015-EP(IM-1) Ayush ,Govt. of India given approval for 5 years from 2015-16 to 2019-20 Academic sessions.
Principal and Medical Superintendent
Date of Birth 12-04-1972,
Qualification: M.S shalakya tantra, 1999
Registration No: 6651 (Travancore cochin medical council, Kerala),
Date of Joining: 09-06-2022
Mobile Number: 9840122203
Email ID: email@example.com
Address: 24, Devi Karumari Amman Nagar, Kolappakkam, Chennai – 600128.
He is also,
- Member-Board of studies- Ayurveda, Shree Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Maha Vishwa Vidyalaya (Deemed University), Kanchipuram
- Member-Standing Academic Council, Shree Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Maha Vishwa Vidyalaya (Deemed University), Kanchipuram
- Examiner-Ayurveda Course BAMS examinations- The Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University, Chennai
Paper Presentations & Seminars
- Chairperson of SHALAKYA PRABODHINI 2017 conducted by GAMC Bangalore.
- Grand Rounds – Incharge of conducting grand rounds (Clinical Discussion) on every thursdays for 2 years, and presented papers on various cases related to KayaChikitsa, Shalyam and Shalakyatantram.
- Delivered a seminar talk on NETRA ROGAS – UGC sponsored refresher course conducted in our college during November 2005.
- Presented a paper on DIABETIC RETINOPATHY AND ITS AYURVEDIC MANAGEMENT on World Diabetes Day November 2009.
Ayurveda is the oldest science of medicine which emphasizes greatly on prevention rather than cure. It is said to be the Upaveda of Atharvaveda, due to this fact this system of medicine possess a unique feature of being holistic, eternal, and practical. Ayurveda has its origin from the Vedas and flowing through the great classics called samhithas of great Acharyas of Ayurveda as Charaka, Susrutha and Vaghbatta. This system has its nucleus in the theory of panchamahabootas – the basic five elements of the nature and the three humors of the body -vata, pitta and kapha in relation to the humans and the materials which he uses to live. Ayurvedic medicine has spectrum of therapies including treatment both internally and externally. Ayurveda is based on purification of body in natural way and the environment created removes all toxins and helps to regain natural tolerance and resistance toward disease.it helps to rejenuvate your body and regain your health. Ayurveda focuses mainly on lifestyle changes, diet patterns, yoga and pranayama for maintaining healthy life span. Evidences from text and vedas reveal the history of surgeries such as rhinoplasty, suturing, extracting foreign bodies, kidney stone removal etc. therefore the Ayurveda Vaidya Acharya Susrutha is considered as the Father of Surgery.